ERA4Health opened a call for proposals on research into innovative therapies for cardiovascular diseases
Cardiovascular disease is the main cause of death worldwide, leading to 17.9 million deaths per year and representing 32% of global deaths. In Europe, cardiovascular disease cause over 3.9 million deaths per year, which represents 45% of total deaths and an economic cost of €210 billion a year.
That is why ERA4Health, the Partnership “Fostering a European Research Area for Health”, opened a call for proposals to improve research on innovative therapeutic strategies in cardiovascular diseases.
Proposals must present research addressing one or both topics, strictly restricted to novel and innovative approaches:
- Repair and/or regeneration of the heart and/or the blood vessels,
- Chronic heart failure and atrial fibrillation.
The project has inclusive, joint, transnational criteria. Research proposals may be submitted by applicants belonging to one of the following categories:
- Academia – research teams working in universities, other higher education institutions or research institutes.
- Clinical/public health sector – research teams working in hospitals/public health and/or other health care settings and health organisations.
- Enterprises – private companies of all sizes.
- Operational stakeholders – e.g., patient advocacy organisations, municipalities and local governments, and local/national NGOs.
The following conditions apply to the composition of consortia:
A minimum of three eligible and a maximum of five eligible partners from at least three different countries participate in the call.
The maximum number of eligible partners can be increased to six or seven if they include one or two partners from the following participating countries: Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, and Turkey.
No more than two eligible partners from the same country participating in the call will be accepted within one consortium.
Maximum of two collaborators per consortium. Collaborators are self-funded partners: i.e. partners that do not request funds in this Joint Transnational Call provided by one of the participating funding organisations (i.e. partners from non-funding countries or partners which are not fundable according to national/regional regulations of the participating funding organisations).
The duration of the projects will be 36 months.
Deadline: February 7, 2023 (16:00 CET)
For more information, click on the LINK.
Full call of proposal available HERE
Submission Platform available HERE